Our first stop was Putrajaya...Putrajaya is a planned city, located south of Kuala Lumpur, that serves as the federal administrative centre of Malaysia. Its development philosophy and design is guided by the fundamental trinity of human relationship - between man and his creator, between man and his fellow man, and between man and his environment. Essentially, the development and design of Putrajaya “embodies the country’s heritage and allows it’s Malaysian soul and spirit to come alive through the city’s design and architecture”.
This is a view of the bridge going into Putrajaya city. The city is full of such amazing architectural detail which I am drawn to for some reason. It also is such a contrast with the highly technological and futuristic architectural details with the archaic way they keep up their landscaping and beautification of the grounds.
It is also home to the Putra Mosque. Facing the scenic Putrajaya Lake, the Putra Mosque is Putrajaya's most distinctive landmark and one of the most modern mosques in the world. Its 116-metre minaret is influenced by the design of the Sheikh Omar mosque in Baghdad, while the basement wall of the mosque resembles that of the King Hassan mosque in Casablanca, Morocco.
The mosque is constructed in rose-tinted granite which gives its desert-pink hue that offsets the cengal woodwork on doors, windows and panels. The Prayer Hall, simple and elegant, can hold up to 10,000 worshippers and is supported by 12 columns that prop up the 36 meter diameter main dome. The courtyard is landscaped with features that can hold up to an additional 5,000 worshippers. The Prime Minister’s residence is across the man made lake beside the mosque.
![]() |
| Another of the architectural details....These are lanterns hanging in the lower level of the mosque |
![]() |
116 meter minaret in 5 sections denoting the 5 pillars of Islam |
![]() |
| A closer view of the dome |
![]() |
| There are also 5 domes representative of the 5 pillars of Islam |
![]() |
| An inside shot of the mosque. We were not allowed in, although, I have known people who were allowed in. I think it depends on who is guarding the door at the time. |
![]() |
| This is the courtyard of the mosque. The floors look wet but they are not....They are that shiny! |
![]() |
| This lady was guarding the doors the day we went and would not allow us in. |
![]() |
| Because we were not properly dressed we had to wear these hooded robes |
![]() |
| The balcony area in this picture is where the women are allowed to pray. They are not allowed into the central area of any mosque |
As we visited this mosque and had to follow such strict rigid guidelines I was so reminded of the freedom we have in Christ. Because I had on long shorts that day and had been in the mosque before I chose to not wear the pink robes and stayed in the courtyard area. However, I was only allowed to sit on the seats at the back near the entrance to the courtyard area. At one point I got up and wanted to walk over to the side to take a picture of the Prime Minister’s residence and was told the only thing I could do if I wanted to remain in the area without a robe was to sit on the seats! My heart aches for those who live by such rigidity thinking they are living by the truth and living in freedom when they are actually bound to the rules. How I take this freedom for granted!
Psalm 146:7 “....The Lord sets prisoners free...”
John 8:36 “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed”
John 8:31-31 “If you hold to my teaching....then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.”













2 comments:
What a great post and a thought-provoking day you had. Your journey is amazing and I feel blessed to be able to read your Asian Melting Pot posts.
Thank you, Pam, for the very vivid photographs. I am reminded and motivated to continue to pray fervently for you all and these precious lost souls! May God protect you and deliver them from the bondage of deception and eternal death!! Bless you all for serving in Jesus Christ's name and bringing the fresh "wind" of Truth to these lost people.
Love to you, Velvet Sunderland
Post a Comment