Monday, June 28, 2010

Interim Time

To steal a quote from a friend:  "Can it be?  We are trained!?"  I can't believe how LONG 8 weeks were and how SHORT 8 weeks were.  We heard from some amazing speakers on issues that will affect us in one way or another while we are on our journey.    But how can it be after 8 short weeks we are trained to do what we believe God has called us to do with the next 3 years of our life.  I cannot imagine going without the 8 weeks of training we just had so I am very thankful and grateful for the the effort and energy that was put into our lives from those who were mentoring us during the process.  
These are 3 friends who drove up to Richmond with Shayna so she could attend our graduation.  I am so thankful for friends who would give of their time to be a blessing to me and mine! Thank you Cheryl and Julie!!!
  



We are now back in North Carolina trying to figure out how to do all that needs to be done before we leave and how to get around to seeing everyone we want to see before we go.  I have finally realized it is not possible!!  For that I am very sad!!! During this time we are back in NC for 2 weeks my 3 sisters will have had birthdays, I will have had a birthday and my 2 daughters, Carrie and Shayna will have had birthdays along with a nephew. Another nephew has gotten engaged which means regrettably we will miss the wedding.   One of my dear friends' daughter is getting married in a few short months and we will miss that wedding, too.  Alot of milestones we will miss while we are gone....can you tell I am getting sad?  Also, there are some who do not understand what we are doing and why at our age we are giving up all that we have to do it.   How can I explain?  I don't even try but just pray that God will reveal to their hearts what we can't express.  I am sad for leaving my 2 girls without their mom and dad to spend the holidays with, without a home to come back to, without familar things around them that bring back memories of day gone by.  However as I tried to explain to them home is not where the house is.  Home is family....hearts together....happiness and genuine excitement for what each other is doing with their lives....home is a matter of attitude.  However I am more scared to be disobedient than what others think of my obedience.  My prayer is that those who are not excited for us or don't understand what we are doing will catch a glimpse of what we see and feel.  I pray they will read our blog faithfully and share in our journey.

Cheryl and Debra hosted a "Farewell Party" for us where people could just drop by and wish us well on our journey.  Carrie, our oldest, who was unable to attend our graduation was able to come to NC for the weekend to be a part of that.  Thank you Carrie for being a part of that with us.  We enjoyed our time together with you and wish it could have been longer!















Cheryl and Debra thank you for a great party and wonderful food and fellowship!  Carrie thank you for being a part of this with us!! 

We still have a week to go and are busy packing suitcases, repacking suitcases and repacking suitcases again.  The cost of the luggage for a small portion of our journey is cost prohibitive for taking large amounts of suitcases so we are having to have others who are going our way take them for us.  One leaves tomorrow with a friend and a couple will leave after we get there and will follow us 2 weeks later!!  Praying they all make it safe and sound and those carrying them don't forget they have extra luggage with them!!!!  Very soon we will be off into the wild blue yonder! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are excited and praying for you. It is a bittersweet time - excited to go, yet sad to leave your loved ones here.

Love, Julie Henn

Michelle said...

Good job on the blog, Pam! I think you've got it! I look forward to hearing all about your crazy adventures in Asia!

Lori Smoot said...

Love your blog! I'm really hoping to keep up with you two crazy kids. :-) Speaking of which, do you guys have skype? If so, please let me know your name so I can perhaps find you on there sometime. XOXO

Janice said...

Dear sweet friends----we are so excited for what God has called you to do!! I know you will both rise to the challenge. We are praying for you & we will pray for everyone you mentioned who doesn't understand why you are doing what you're doing....that God would open their eyes & heart to see and understand your obedience to respond to this high and honored calling. Be strong in the Lord -- Looking forward to future blog postings!! Love you!!

Post a Comment