Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bali.........Continued

 OK.............I felt as if I talked trash about Bali in my last blog, so I need to redeem myself and let you see some of the beautiful parts of the country through the lens of my camera.
Since we didn’t have much sun and the beach at our hotel was completely covered in water most of the day at high tide, Dennis and I decided to go to Legian for half a day and join the throngs of tourists........
As a tourist you can shop to your heart’s content


















As a tourist you can just walk around and admire the scenery

























these workers were sitting here making the decorations in the picture below.  They were at a fancier resort than we were staying in.

As a tourist you can walk down and check out the beach
where does all this garbage come from?  At least at Legian Beach they rake it up into a pile

this is more like the beach I wish I was staying at

As a tourist you can sit in a Mexican restaurant operated by an Australian couple who left the hectic life to live their dream.  As we sat there we saw many canang saris.....
Every aspect of Balinese life is intermingled with their religion and the most visible signs are the tiny offerings (canang saris) found in every house, work place, restaurant, souvenir stall, even taxis and various other places.  These leaf trays are made daily containing an enormous range of offerings.
I have seen flowers, glutinous rice and cookies set out with burning incense and sprinkled with holy waters no less than 3 times -- before every meal.












I still have one more blog about Bali but I am saving that for another day.

till next time........











No comments:

Post a Comment